Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Runaway Bride - "...And when I ride off into the sunset, I want my own horse"

I don't think this is the greatest romantic comedy ever made but i do know this. It tugs at heartstrings....and i simply adore the last 5 minutes of the film. In fact no one should miss the part when the end credits start to roll...it is really hilarious.

Anyways Richard Gere and Julia Roberts (My all time Favourite actress) make a fine pair and this actually looks like a Pretty Woman part 2 in reality. The chemistry is there and even a really weak script make this a very enjoyable watch. The rest of the ensemble cast manages well and some of the jokes/ pun cast are really good.

The one thing i really love about this movie is one dialogue that Maggie says to Ike at the end. Damn good line - and something i hope to use in person ;-)...The way she says it is so...so beautiful....

"Look, I guarantee there'll be tough times. I guarantee that at some point, one or both of us is gonna want to get out of this thing. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life, because I know, in my heart, you're the only one for me"

Overall a nice weekend watch with your sweetheart!

No comments:

Post a Comment